The technical programme of the International Conference will consist of plenary lectures, lead papers, contributory papers, poster presentations, discussions with scientists, policy planners, representatives’ from industry and NGO's, and an exciting exhibition.
|Venue:||IHAR-PIB, Radzików, Poland|
|Dates:||July 2-5, 2017|
- Review the current global status of Triticale production and identify long term challenges for Triticale to be an integral component of food, feed, and nutritional security as well as sustainability;
- Suggest strategies using modern biotechnological and conventional plant breeding techniques to achieve Triticale genotypes with high grain yield, better end use quality and stress tolerance;
- Provide an opportunity to exchange knowledge and technologies on Triticale production, improvement and marketing;
- Establish international Triticale consortium/forum/network of researchers and development functionaries in a global network mode for international cooperation.
IHAR-PIB, Radzikow, Poland, Eucarpia and IFSDAA, Germany being scientific and Developmental organizations, are primarily interested in science-based and policy-related contributions in all areas of relevant research on sustainable development, food, feed and nutritional security, bio-energy, environmental and agricultural sustainability as defined in perUN Millennium goals.
Themes: Contributors/participants of the conference are requested to specify topic of their intended presentation which suppose to fit to one of the following themes:
- Triticale biology, taxonomy, biodiversity and genetic resources;
- Genetics, breeding and biotechnology for Triticale improvement;
- Physiology, tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses and maximizing input use efficiency;
- Production, crop management through judicious agronomy and plant protection;
- End use and nutritional quality, value addition, food and feed products, industrial uses;
- Marketing, policy and socio-economic issues;
- Seed production, participatory plant breeding, and international cooperation.