The Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute (IHAR) - National Research Institute is an institute of great scientific and developmental potential, which is based on three pillars:
- applications and implementations;
- dissemination of knowledge and its commercialisation.
Institute Mission: To conduct extensive highest-quality research in both basic science as well as research and development research, developing services, transfer advanced technologies to agricultural practice, and provide knowledge dissemination activities:
- in the field of agricultural sciences, discipline: agriculture and horticulture;
- with respect to the principles of professionalism, responsibility, transparency, credibility, ethics and tolerance;
- contributing to the construction and development of a competitive economy based on knowledge and entrepreneurship, duly satisfying the needs of present and future generations, shaping positive human-industry-environment relations, sustainable development, shaping cultural heritage, developing the region and the country.
Institute Vision: Referring to the protection of cultural heritage, experience and knowledge accumulated over the years, the Institute will become a modern, competent, opinion-forming research unit; coordinating agricultural research; on aspirations for shaping national policy in the field of functioning and development of agriculture in Poland, actively participating in international scientific discussion; dynamically adapting to leading directions, areas, goals for maintaining competitiveness and constant building position in the country and in the world; having an attractive scientific, development, implementation, service and dissemination offer; open to cooperation.