|Head of the Department:||professor Grzegorz Żurek, PhD, DSc|
|Deputy of the Head of Department:||associate professor Barbara Wiewióra, PhD, DSc|
|Phone:||(+48) 22 733 45 71|
- Testing the variability of utility traits, improving the methods of breeding and seed production of grasses, and establishment of the initial materials for the breeding of new grass varieties.
- Research on the selection of plants for the development of areas of poor agricultural value and determination of the possibility of introducing new varieties of perennial and annual plants for cultivation in Poland.
- Assessment of the yield potential, utility quality and development of the basics of agrotechnology for selected species of energy plants for their multi-purpose use in agriculture and industry (e.g. raw materials for renewable energy, pulp and construction industry, etc.).
- Assessment of the technological value of the biomass of lignocellulosic plants.
- Research on the combination of high grass species quality features with resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Monitoring of the domestic seed market and assessment of the effectiveness of plant breeding and seed production, economic analysis of the profitability of crops in agricultural practice, preparation of analyzes and reports on the breeding and seed sector.
- Seeds science of crops and weeds, morphological identification of seeds.
- Participation in the work of the Polish Gene Bank storage facility in the field of germination capacity assessment in accordance with the ISTA methodology.
- Translation and publication of the Polish version of ISTA regulations and participation in international ISTA comparative analyzes, training for seed analysts.
- Service activity regarding the assessment of various parameters of the sowing value: purity, identification of reserved weed seeds, germination capacity, humidity.
- Identification of seed-borne pathogens, mainly cereals and grasses, studies related to the occurrence of endophytic fungi of the genus Epichloë in grass seeds and plants.
- Comprehensive assessment of the chemical composition and physicochemical parameters in cereals, cruciferous and legume plants and other material of plant origin.
- Determination of the factors critical in case of the nutritional, pro-health and fodder value of agricultural crops and determining the content of endogenous anti-nutritional substances in the material intended for the production of fodder.
- Assessment of the nutritional value of protein with the use of laboratory animals (rats) and the improvement of methods for the analysis of bioactive substances in plant material of various origins, evaluation of selected parameters of the technological value of wheat, triticale and barley grains.
- Annual report on the marketing of seeds, correspondence with COBORU, participation in the works of the Polish Committee for Standardization (Committees No. 36 and 144) as well as expert and service activities in the above-mentioned scope.
|Grzegorz||Żurekfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 71|
|Barbara||Wiewióraemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 84|
|Anna||Fraśfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 51|
|Danuta||Martyniakemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 72|
|Elżbieta||Małuszyńskafirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 89|
|Tadeusz||Oleksiakemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 80|
|Magdalena||Wiśniewskafirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 08|
|Kinga||Gołębiewskaemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 46 83|
|Dagmara||Pacońfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 46 85|
|Iga||Grzeszczakemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 79|
|Krystyna||Boruckafirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 92|
|Marlena||Gzowskaemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 08|
|Anna||Wawerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 45 93|
|Jolanta||Grybośemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 83|
|Agnieszka||Dmochfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+48) 22 733 46 82|
|Bożena||Brodaemail@example.com||(+48) 22 733 45 90|
|Piotr||Krawczyk||(+48) 22 733 45 70|
|Halina||Grzybowska||(+48) 22 733 45 94|
Action M16 “Cooperation” of the Rural Development Program for 2014–2020 (The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development – EAFRD: “Europe investing in rural areas”, national public funds).
- Operation Group ’ Nova Trawa’ http://novatrawa.com/
- Operation Group ‘Słomka ze Słomy’ https://slomkazeslomy.sodr.pl/wp/
Tergeted Subsidy from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development:
- 3.5. Selection of cultivated plant forms with increased resistance to periodic water shortages.
- 3.10. Monitoring of the agricultural plant seed market in Poland.
- 3.12. Disseminating of knowledge about the current, valid methods of seed evaluation.
- 4.1: Identification and development of new national unit indicators and sustainable production methods for the purposes of environmental protection and combating climate change in agriculture